Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Even More Sneaky Scam Emails

After my posts last month warning of the blitz in email scams,
I almost fell for one myself.

Over the Christmas period I used ebay to get Elvis collectables for my mother's presents. She now has absolutely everything Elvis.
The New Scam
From. aw-confirm@ebay.com
Title. eBay New unpaid item message from dgnk32

content.
eBay New Unpaid Item Message from dgnk32:
#150001233575 -- response required


Dear member,


eBay member dgnk32 has left you a message regarding item #150001233575

THE LIVE LINK DID GET CLICKED -> View the dispute thread to respond.


Regards,

eBay

Yes folks,
I did click the link and was taken to what seemed to be an official ebay log in page.
A momentary lapse and my log in details were off and my account would have been hijacked.

To the unsuspecting, this one will get through easier than the usuall...
Your email has won big $$$
Congratulations.
Dearest Friend.
Beneficiary.
Help Required to move vast funds.
I am the only daughter of the deceased plantation owners.
etc, etc., etc.

Please stay alert when clicking any link sent by email.
Log into your accounts by typing the actuall address into your browser and check your online details.

No comments: